EU4Health Stakeholders Conference
The European Commission hosted the EU4Health Stakeholders Conference, which aimed to discuss about health priorities, strategic orientations and future work programme.
In particular, the event focused on 5 key topics:
- Improving and fostering health;
- Protecting people;
- Enhancing access to medicinal products and medical devices;
- Preparing health systems for the digital era;
- Exploring synergies and complementarities.
Sandra Gallina, Director-General for Health and Food Safety, made a first introduction focusing on the importance to involve the relevant stakeholders in the development of the Work Programme 2023. “The Annual Work programme 2021 up to 2023 provides to strengthen the resilience of the healthcare sector in EU in order to face next crisis that no leave anyone behind.” as Sandra Gallina said.
The EU4health programme is a great opportunity for investing in the healthcare sector, but also in HERA. As Pierre Delsaux, DG in HERA stated “the budget provides by the EU4Health programme are useful to detect future health crisis and new diseases which will come and HERA is working on it; moreover, another example of the impactful use of these money, is EUPHA – which focuses on the acceleration of the vaccines production above all in crisis context.”
The EU4Health stakeholders’ consultation focused on: Priorities, Strategic Orientations and Needs to be addresses. The main objectives emerging from the stakeholders’ perspective are: Health promotion, Access to healthcare, Health data and digital tools, Availability and accessibility.
Some useful links to consult:
- Best Practices in Public Health
- Best Practices on Health eating and active lifestyles
- Best Practices on Integrated Care
- EU4health supply project
- National Contact Points of Horizon Europe
- Joint Action on Increasing Capacity building of National Focal Points
- Structural Reforms Support
- Council recommendations of screening in the cancer plan
- Health Systems Performance Assessment Expert Group