The Joint Research Centre – a great opportunity for nursing research!
As defined by the European Commission: “the Joint Research Centre provides independent evidence-based knowledge and science, supporting EU policies to positively impact society”.
The JRC is located into 5 European Countries – Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain – and the leaders of the organisation are: the Commissioner Mariya Gabriel, the Director General Stephene Quest, the Deputy Director General Bernard Magenhann and the Deputy Director General Salla Saastamoinen.
The JRC works very closely to research and policy organisations in the Member States, with the European institutions and agencies, and with scientific partners in Europe and internationally, including within the United Nations system.
Its core strengths are:
- Anticipation – it focuses on what is coming.
- Integration – it focuses on the ability to build links between the different scientific and policy areas inside the Commission and beyond.
- Impact – it focuses on the need to assist policymakers to track and asses the impact of their policies.
The JRC contributes to reach the overall objective of the Horizon Europe.
Consult the links below to discover more about JRC:
- Commission work programme – overview of institution-wide deliverables for current year.
- Strategic plan – department strategy, objectives for 2020-2024.
- Management plan – department forecasted outputs, activities, resources for current year.
- Annual activity report – department achievements, resources used during previous year.
- JRC Work Programme 2023 – 2024 – information about the work, aim and objectives of the JRC.
- JRC Revitalising Strategy 2030
- 33 portfolios